What does this mean? Well, it means that we have reserved it (which requires $$$) and that we fully intend to purchase the airship. It shows we're serious, very serious, and it allows us to work closely with ZLT as we continue to refine our plans. Actually, we signed the option in March this year, but we wanted to wait until we had a few things a bit further along, such as the website, before going public.
Why didn't we just wait until we were ready to buy? You know how sometimes you see something you want, and so you start saving up for it, but by the time you have all your pennies together, someone else has bought it and then you're really disappointed..? Zeppelins don't get built overnight. NT#04 is currently under construction, and we wanted to make sure we were first in line to buy it and didn't do all the work to prepare for having one only to then miss out and have to wait for the next one.
What next? We have a LOT of work to do. Our next steps involving firming up a lot of the operational details. We know there's speculation out there about where we'll be operating from (don't believe everything you read
If you are feeling even more impatient, may we suggest you check out Zeppelin tours? The photo above showing NT04's main longitudinal ribs was taken by John Christopher of Zeppelin Tours while leading a group of 'flightseers' in Friedrichshafen earlier this year. Currently Zeppelin Tours offers trips to Germany, but as you will see from their neat website, they are hoping to do more locations in the future!